The outbreak of COVID-19 has continued to seriously affect the daily lives of citizens and the economies of every country around the globe. Disinfection robots have the potential to be deployed as effective resources to combat the spread of COVID-19. The idea of this use case is to use the robotto make automatic disinfection of areas (corridor, living room, bedrooms) when he is not used for assistance to older person. In this use case we propose to add a disinfection module on the KOMPAÏ robot for area disinfection according to the following scenario:
- Mapping of the area (e.g., rooms, corridors) to be disinfected. This mapping is performed by driving manually the robot through the area to be disinfected);
- Construction of the robot path (a set of predefined points of interest) covering the complete disinfection of the area. This construction is made by a dedicated algorithm considering the embedded radiation capability and the size of this area;
- Automatic disinfection task. This task consists of making the robot navigate autonomously through this path while stopping at each point of interest for the time necessary to ensure the disinfection of each elementary zone.
The following disinfection technologies will be used:
- UV-C: Disinfection capability – 13 minutes to disinfect a room of 20 square meter;
- Spraying of European Commission approved chemicals product: Disinfection capability – less than 1 minute to disinfect a room of 20 square meters.